A trio of systems that allows companies with fleets to risk assess and manage their drivers and vehicles, and an online learning tool to increase driver knowledge and reduce driver risk.
Fleet Management Software
Professional Driver Services
- Huge saving in time, staff efficiency and enhances customer service and satisfaction
- The system has been designed to provide value for money for PDSs’ customers
- The solution safeguards PDSs’ clients against potential HASWA breaches for its employees driving for work
- The flexibility to implement whatever solution a particular company is seeking
Professional Driver Services (PDS) is a driver training organisation dedicated to providing genuine and lasting improvements in road safety. Based in the Vale of Glamorgan, PDS is one of only a handful of Driving Standards Agency (DSA) approved National Fleet Diploma Training Organisations in the United Kingdom.
There were no existing systems available in the market that allowed PDS to incorporate all the functionality of the Fleet Monitor, Driver Assessor and Driver mentor.
Logic Software designed a package of systems that allows companies with Fleets to assess risk and manage their drivers and vehicles in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, as well as providing an online learning tool to increase driver knowledge and reduce driver risk.
- The solution was developed using the latest Microsoft technologies written in ASP.Net and C# and uses SQL Server 2008 for the backend.
- The creation of the three systems which interact with each other allow companies to situate themselves on the “Minimum Compliance to Best Practice” spectrum for Health and Safety.
The systems also allow PDS to create and schedule practical training courses so that PDS can effectively and efficiently manage its clients.
- The systems allow PDSs’ customers to choose their preference on this scale and ensure that they meet the minimum legal requirements under HASWA (Health and Safety Work Act).
- For companies who prefer to situate themselves at the Best Practice end of the spectrum, the system facilitates this practice, making the Fleet Monitor a versatile and powerful tool for any fleet manager.
Logic Software encouraged PDS to take a systematic approach to the construction of the specification and assisted us in every stage of development to ensure the functions were feasible and well scoped.
Gareth Bevan, Director at PDS
The new system allows PDS to approach companies interested in Fleet Management in a variety of ways- the most powerful tool in PDSs’ arsenal is having the flexibility to implement whatever solution a particular company is seeking.
The system has been designed to be transparent in terms of PDSs’ activities for a customer so that they can have the assurances that they receive value for money. It’s an effective solution that safeguards companies against potential HASWA (Health and Safety Work Act) breaches for its employees driving for work.
The triad of systems interact with each other and have been designed to reduce data entry to a single system by importing data from one another.
Undoubtedly, PDS will see huge benefits from time savings, staff efficiency and enhanced customer service and satisfaction.
PDS required this solution because there were no existing systems available in the market. In order to remain competitive in the industry, PDS need to be able to identify and implement innovative approaches to fleet management – once we had determined that the system we wanted to commission could deal with every aspect of fleet management in a user friendly and centralised manner in a way which allow us to manage our customers in an effective manner, the creation of the system became a necessity. We have a very good working relationship with Logic Software, having worked with them for several years now on many different projects. They continue to impress us with the quality of work that they provide, and the decision to work with them again was a simple one!
Gareth Bevan, Director at PDS