Minton Treharne & Davies Group
- Real-time communication worldwide on projects
- MTD consultants can now communicate much more easily with Head Office
- Keep case files up-to-date in real time
- Saved significant time on case administration and reporting activities
- System has now been rolled out company-wide so all areas of business experiencing benefits
- Communication with MTD’s clients also improved, because they could log in at any time and
- stay updated about the progress of their cases.
Minton, Treharne & Davies Ltd provide scientific consultancy, surveying and testing services to a worldwide client base from their offices in the UK, USA and Asia.
MTD’s marine consultants are engaged by their clients around the world to investigate incidents related to shipping activity. Communication and sharing of data in a timely manner is essential to providing clients with a high level of service. A case management system, with some workflow and reporting tools, was requested.
- The Marine Surveys Division within MTD were provided with a solution to improve communication with their customers worldwide
- After an initial period of consultation and requirements analysis, Logic Software implemented an Internet-based solution, combining custom-written software, a Microsoft SQL database and a fault-tolerant hosting environment
- The solution was a new case management system to assist with the administration of the rapidly-growing number of cases that they were being appointed to investigate
- The system also allowed them to help improve communication with clients who were based in different time zones around the world, and allowed the department to generate invoices after testing
- The software had to be very simple to use so that MTD’s clients could log in and begin using the system without any training
The Extranet software system provided by Logic Software was originally only intended for one division within Minton, Treharne & Davies, but due to its success, the system has now been rolled out company-wide so that all areas of our business are now experiencing the benefits.
Dr Geoffrey Bound, Director, Fire & Explosion Investigation Department