- Opened up new sales channel online
- Increased turnover
- Provide better service to clients
- Keep track of orders
- Improvements to customer service
Rockwool Limited is the UK’s leading supplier of mineral wool insulation for thermal, fire and acoustic protection. Rockwool’s insulation products are used during the construction of buildings to provide energy saving, fire-proofing and noise reduction.
We needed a system that would allow customers to place orders directly into our existing computer systems and then provide information to track the progress of that order right up to delivery at their premises.
Keith Bollington, Competence Centre Manager at Rockwool
- Logic Software developed a custom database and web-based ordering system for Rockwool.
- The new online ordering system allows Rockwool to provide a better service to their clients.
- They can view their own personalised product catalogue, place orders at a time to suit them, keep track of their order throughout the manufacturing and delivery process, and view management information reports to aid planning.
- The order data is inserted into SAP, Rockwool’s main ERP database.
Keith Bollington from Rockwool explains, “The new online ordering system allows us to provide a better service to our clients. They can view their own personalised product catalogue, place orders at a time to suit them, keep track of their order throughout the manufacturing and delivery process, and view management information reports to aid planning. This creates an environment where our customers find it easier to do business with us.”
“We had been let down by another software development company, so professionalism and reliability were important to us in making the decision on which company to award the contract to. Logic Software has delivered a first-class solution.”